The Huawei P9 is a fantastic flagship smartphone that has me taking more photos than ever. Huawei just announced its latest Honor-branded phone, the Honor 8, with specifications nearly the same as the P9 at about half the price.
The new Honor 8 will launch in China for about US$300 for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage model, $343 for the 4GB/32GB model, and $374 for the 4GB/64GB model. Fone Arena posted all of the details after the press event in China earlier today.
The Honor 8 includes a 12-megapixel dual camera setup similar to the Huawei P9, but without the Leica branding. Other specifications of the Honor 8 include:
- Processor: Kirin 950 octa-core
- Display: 5.2 inch 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution 2.5D display
- Operating system: Android 6 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal with microSD expansion card slot
- Cameras: Dual 12 megapixel rear cameras and front-facing 8 megapixel camera
- Battery: 3000 mAh non-removable with fast charging
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm and 153 grams
By comparison, the Huawei P9 is powered by the newest Kirin 955 processor. All of the other specs appear to be the same though so it looks like the Honor 8 may be an excellent value for the money.
The Honor 8 was shown off in a cool Sapphire Blue color, but will also be available in Pearl White, Sunrise Gold, Midnight Black, and Sakura Pink. It will launch in China on 19 July, but we don't have any further release information.